mardi 16 octobre 2012

Poster Winner // Asma Randera

Months ago, the NGO "Friends in Hope" launched a poster contest, did you hear about it?
No?
Well it was an interesting contest, published through the newspaper and posters. It was addressed to youngsters of 16-22 years old and has the aim of sensitizing the society about the leitmotiv of the association that is psychiatric disorders.
And the winner is..Asma Randera.


Asma Randera's winning poster.


So here is our little talk with the witty lucky winner:


Etc: Who is Asma Randera ?

Asma: I'm nearly 22, graphic designer and franco-mauritian. I did all my school days in Reunion island. I did a "baccalaureate Littéraire" with "arts plastiques option". After that, I went to Mauritius to do a diploma in Graphic design at Charles Telfair Institute. I did some freelance works, worked as graphic designer in a watch and jewerelly firm and now, I'm "maquettiste" in a publication agency.


 Etc: Why did you choose to do design?

Asma : I always wanted to work in an artistic field where i can express my creativity. When i was in college, we used to use photoshop and illustrator to do some art project and i find these software fun to work with. I knew i wanted to do design after.

Etc: So, congrats! You've won the first prize of the contest! Can you tell us a bit more about this contest?

Asma: Thank you. The contest was about to do a poster which have theme "Maladie mentale : Briser les Préjugés" for the association Friends in hope.

Etc: What was your concept for your poster?

Asma: When we judge people, we do it through our eyes. That's why i wanted to represent "briser les préjugés" by a broken eye. Besides, "Préjugés" can be shown by the dark colour around the broken eye. I wanted to do something simple, easy to understand and which will catch, at the same time, the attention.

Etc: We are happy that you've won, but are you deceived by the lack of motivation, as very few Mauritians participated?

Asma: I personally don't know how many of participants there were, but if there were only a few who participated; it might not be because of a lack of motivation but most probably because doing a poster is not that easy as we have to find a concept behind it and respect the theme.

Etc:  We would like to know how do you keep the flame alive?

Asma:  I try to cultivate my knowledge in everything I can see, watch, read, like and dislike.

Etc:  Do you have any personal design project that you want to achieve?

Asma:  I just bought a wacom tablet and i want to do some digital art and why not doing some stop motions. Moreover, I want to learn more about web design, as I find it's an interesting field as well.

Thank you Asma for your time


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire