mercredi 3 octobre 2012

Coup de gueule // what is design for you?

Hey!
So facing technical problems with a dead laptop, the only contact that him and I have with the online world is at work - obvious! And it is very difficult to have my dose with 50 mins of internet in the morning but I am not that kicking, in fact I miss writing. I miss it so much that I wrote emails to 4 persons yesterday!

So I am seizing the day, with all the technical problem, to explain you the essence of this blog!
In fact it started really in 2010, with the online Magazine Peri Meter Design Magazine! YAY!
I love it, in fact it was his idea. He. his and him is Peri. My partner in crime. He  is the mastermind behind many of our projects and I am the helping hands, the factory and magician.

We were in fact feeling so bad with the hiatus of Peri Meter. It was a decision taken and that's it.

But we love design.

We are the kind of persons who fall in love with a well mounted magazine, the kind who take pictures of graphical lines in shadows or even the kind who lose speech skills facing a terrific poster.

And we are Mauritians, like it or not, Mauritius is moving. So we try to focus the maximum on the Mauritian designers and artists.

When I was at university, I learn to make the difference between art and design and foremost graphic design and the other design. And one day I came up with this simplistic conclusion that graphic design was only to make things nice to the eye. Maybe people make you feel this way when you say that you are a graphic designer and that they are all OHHHH that fun and unofficial and all.

But in fact the design, graphic design is not that. No designer should be taken down to only that!

You Designer, You Graphic Designer, You are a Voice, a challenging step in all creation. Your imprint will be the one determining if a product will work or not, if your packaging, your logo, your typography will strike, will succeed.

We might not be nurses, surgeons, or firemen, we do not save lives, but we communicate. We communicate in the simplest form that humans does. Visually. As children who draw on wall, as minds who seeks catharsis, as people who do not know how to read or people who read all day. We communicate with images that make things move.

Long live to design

Etc  

1 commentaire:

  1. Hmm. Long ago, I was a designer using Photoshop and Google Sketchup only. And Google Earth has accepted my 3D design also for Mauritius.

    http://googlesketchupmodel.blogspot.com/

    RépondreSupprimer